Saturday, December 8, 2012

Sunrise from Alphaville, residency 10. 
Bom Dia! (Good Morning!)  I am up early this morning, thank god!  I must admit, Isis and I have been waking up between 12-2pm for about a week now!  I know I know, ridiculous.  I could say I have needed the time to decompress, or that I am just catching up on all of those days sans sleep and early mornings, but to be honest, I miss them.  I really enjoy waking up early.  Especially when I have nothing to do but drink coffee, relax, open my mind and write write write.  Which is what I intend to do this morning as I have woken up at 8 am!  woohooo!

Now when I tell you it's summer out, I mean it.  It is waaaarrrrm!  Even the morning's are warm.  Of course this morning is absolutely perfect, but soon it will become almost unbearable and they don't really do the whole air conditioner thing down here.  It's sort of like: it's hot?  Deal with it.  It's cold, here's a sweater.  I admire it, but also- Isis bought us an air conditioner, which I maintain with diligence.  So.  Best of all worlds.

Sao Paulo is really in transition at the moment.  The buildings are all sort of half done and the streets are mildly maintained.  The Art and Culture is out of this world though.  The people really run these streets, they seem to have a voice.  Obviously I have been learning about how terrible the politics can be (Drug Trafficking, Favela's...ect) but I respect how the people seem to care and also exist here.  It's a people's community.  And I like that...since I'm a person. Ok I will wake Isis up in a bit with the temptations of Coffee (which I add Cinnamon and Cayenne pepper to, it's so tasty!) and Pao De Queijo: Cheesy Bread Balls (GLUTEN FREE) They are sooooo good.  You pop em in the oven for about 15 minutos, maybe 20, let them cool, add butter and voila, youre fat!  (I add honey too, xtra fat).  They are extreeeemely common, you can find them everywhere, at the mall, at McDonalds, every home, everywhere.  Also extremely common?  Temaki.  Isis and I eat Temaki about twice maybe three times per week.  They sell it in grocery stores, at a temaki bar, yummmm.  And the quality is legit.  Eu Gosto, Muito.  Ok, Tchao.  Beijo.

No comments:

Post a Comment